Home | Historical Property
Historical Property comprising a typical Farmhouse, Chapel & Land
This superb historic and typical Catalan "masia" "Can Santa Digna" is located in the parish of Llerona, municipality of Les Franqueses del Vallès at the foot of the access road Barcelona to Puigcerdà.
Catalan masias, like "Can Santa Digna" are traditional farm residences that housed landowners and workers alike. Nowadays they have become popular among investors and architects, who are keen on restoring them into marvelous retreats. Thus, this large estate is perfect for development as a private residence, restaurant, guest house or recreational farm.
The estate retains the look and feel of the “Masia” (Catalan for farmhouse) it once was. There are still the pitched red-tiled roofs, the arched alcoves, stone-block floors within and the typical block paved driveway outside.
The Masia consists in a main farmhouse, with several large rooms, vaulted ceilings, plus appendices and barns. An unbeatable location for rural tourism, gastronomy business or retreat.
Small chapel, oriented towards the North. It is located within the Can Santa Digna estate, but not close to the main building.
It has a circular nave and apse covered with barrel vault inside and gable roof outside. The facade has an arched portal and a belfry. Inside, there are two arched windows on either side and a window in the apse.
Although dated back to the 12th century, the current chapel was built in 1635 by Joan Salomó after obtaining permission to demolish the old construction in the year 1587. The chapel is mentioned earlier in the parish books of Llerona, particularly in the years 1466 and 1548.
Listed and under protection of historic and architectural heritage.
Impressive Estate with History
The different buildings are distributed as follows:
- Isolated, rectangular Residential building on two floors with a loft, four slopes tile roof and surrounded by fenced yard.
- Annex building on basement and ground floor level, ready to develop a restaurant / gastronomy business.
- Chapel with rectangular apse. Its origins date back to the twelfth century, but was rebuilt in the seventeenth century and has recently undergone a restoration. The facade is very simple, with a small bell tower, that does not hide the tile roof with two slopes. It features an Arabic fence with a simple overlap as well as an arch-shaped door.
- Other buildings such as caretaker's house, different store rooms and porches, barns and covered areas for agricultural use and livestock.
- The farm also has 3 ponds for irrigation, 4 drinking water tanks and 2 wells.
Possibility of connection to the municipal drinking water.
The different buildings are distribuited as follows:
At less than 30 kms just north of Barcelona, the municipality of Les Franqueses del Vallès is situated in the valley of the river Corró. Fairly flat and extensively cultivated, the municipality is formed by the towns and parishes of Corró d’Avall - where the town hall is situated - Corró d’Amunt, Llerona and Marata. Traditionally, the economy has been primarily agricultural and 85% of the total land area in this municipality still has been reserved as parkland, agricultural land and forests.
Train stations with regular services can be found in La Garriga and Les Franqueses del Valles, with fast and direct connections to Barcelona and Granollers. Bus services to La Garriga, Granollers, Barcelona and Vic. Near the C-17 (entry L'Ametlla del Valles) and near the AP7 with excellent connections to Barcelona, Gerona, the border with France and of course the airports of Barcelona and Gerona.
Go to Top of Historic Property